If you want to paint glasses for yourself or as a gift, for a wedding or for a themed party, be sure, you will get great pleasure from creativity - it's done easily, quickly and inexpensively.
Before proceeding to the step-by-step master class on painting glasses with your own hands, you need to decide on the future design of your wine glasses, so we suggest you get inspired and learn the original ideas of "glass" decor in the next chapter.
The painting of glasses and wine glasses can be different in drawing techniques, in terms of complexity, the use of materials and, of course, on topics.
Master Class No. 1: Confetti style glasses
Tall wine-glasses adorned with small peas look very festive and can be as elegant as in the photo below, and cheerful multicolored. Circles are associated with bubbles of champagne or bright confetti.
Difficulty level: very simple.
What is needed: acrylic or contour paints on glass and ceramics, the usual nail polish (but acrylic paints is much more stable) or a special marker for painting dishes also will do. To degrease the wine glasses prepare a nail polish remover, degreaser or alcohol, for drawing - cotton buds, a pencil with an eraser on the end or a small solid synthetic brush, and to correct the pattern - wadded disks and sticks.
Technique of painting:
- Wash and degrease the glass thoroughly with alcohol or other means using cotton wool or napkins.
- Now you can start applying circles. Pour a little paint into a small container or just on the foil (paper, file).
Turn the glass over and start placing the points from top to bottom, maintaining the same interval between them. You can draw points as in this master class, that is, starting from large to smaller, gradually increasing the distance between them. Otherwise, the dots can be the same size, different in color, and they can form a pattern or pattern (point to point technique or peak), and also overlap one another.
- It is convenient to place large dots with an eraser from a pencil, and small ones with a tassel or a cotton swab with a pointed end like on the photo below (flip).
- It is better to withstand the distance from the edge of the glass to the figure of about 2 cm, especially if the paint is toxic.
- If you draw with contours, you first need to train on paper to put small, medium and large dots at the same distance from each other and with the same degree of pressure on the tube.
- Now you need to let the paint dry. Methods of drying largely depend on the paint, usually the manufacturer indicates the drying time and instructions for firing.
- As a rule, painting with acrylic paints or contours requires roasting, if you want to use glasses often and wash them in a dishwasher. To do this, put the glasses in the oven at a temperature of 150-170 degrees for 30 minutes, and after turning off the oven, and without taking out glasses from it, let them cool naturally;
- Markers dry for 24 hours and do not need to be fired;
- Nail polish dries quickly, but the pattern will not last long, so for the decor of gift or wedding glasses that you want to leave to memory, this option will not work. But to hold thematic parties, it is better not to find any paint.
And here are other ideas for painting glasses in colorful polka dots that will decorate any table setting on a merry party (turn the photo to the right).
Peas of gold, silver, white flowers are more suitable for decorating wedding glasses.
By the way, circles can be not only painted, but also glued. You can buy a vinyl self-adhesive paper of the desired color and cut it out with a punch or special scissors, and then gently glue them on the glass. In the photo below are the glasses decorated in this way.
Master-class №2: Art painting of glasses
In this master class, we will turn glasses into flowers, because his leg is so similar to the stalk, and the bowl to the bud.
What will be needed: any degreaser, cotton wool and cotton swabs for degreasing and pattern correction. And for drawing, prepare artistic synthetic brushes of different sizes, a plastic plate or a palette for mixing paints, as well as acrylic paints for glass and ceramics. If you want, you can supplement the picture with contour and stained-glass paints, markers and glitter.
Technique of drawing:
- Degrease the surface;
- Mix the colors on a plate or palette, achieving the desired shades. In order to make the color pastel and delicate, the color paint is mixed with white;
- Now we need to draw stamens: put the dots with a small small brush or a cotton swab with a pointed end. The color of the pollen may be black, yellow or orange. In our master class, yellow color is used for drawing stamens of lilac Italian asters and black for sunflowers.
Next, drawing the flower will be layered, so you need to wait until the painted stamens dry. You can dry them naturally, leaving for 2 hours, or bake in the oven at a temperature of 150-170 degrees 15 minutes.
- Once the pollen is dried, you need to paint the petals as shown in the photo below. If you want, draw details - streaks and color nuances. Then you need to let the paint dry (see section 3).
- The last step is to draw the pedicel and the stem in green and bake our glass flower again, but now it's already 30 minutes - and then the paint from the glass does not "peel off" for very long.
Well, that's all, the decor of wedding, gift or celebratory glasses is finished.
In the photo below you can draw other interesting ideas of painting with floral and floral motifs (leaf).
And here are examples of painting on glass with peacock feathers.
Also very popular is the theme of flora and fauna.
Glasses for festive serving of themed parties can be brightly decorated and funny.
Glasses for a gift or for a wedding can also be decorated with rhinestones, feathers, pearls, sequins, ribbons and other decor.
Other ways and secrets of painting on glass: how to dry a glass with a stained leg and use a stencil or a sketch
- If you want to completely paint the base of the wine glass, that is, paint it and its bottom from the bottom, then it must be dried in a suspended state or gently placed on a homemade construction of paper and four buttons as in the photo below.
- Painting on glass is easier to do with a sketch-substrate, drawn by own hands or printed in the right size on the printer. Also you can use a picture on a napkin. Paper with the image should be placed on the bottom of the glass, align and paste with adhesive tape as shown in the photo.
Also in the painting on the glass with their own hands will help stencils. For this you need:
- Draw them yourself or print an image from the Internet, and then cut it with a stationery knife;
- Buy ready stencils in the store for creativity, which are very easy to stick and peel off;
- Draw strips, geometric abstractions and the simplest patterns on the principle of stencil can be with the help of ordinary or paint tape;
- You can get the effect of an openwork pattern if you use lace in the quality of the stencil.
Tip: нанести через трафарет надписи или изображения можно специальной матирующей краской по стеклу с эффектом изморози или инея, которая продается в художественных или интернет-магазинах. Пример такого декора на фото ниже.
Master-class №3: Stained-glass painting
Stained glass painting on glass is a slightly more complicated technique of drawing, because stained-glass paints, unlike acrylics, are much more fluid, and therefore difficult to print. In addition, they are less wear-resistant, and it will be very difficult to mix colors, because the colors dry very quickly on the palette. But they are more transparent and unusual, and in combination with stained-glass contours you can create the effect of a real stained glass.
Tip: этот вид красок бывает разным, для росписи бокалов лучше использовать запекаемые краски на водной основе, а не на токсичном растворителе.
Pay also attention to our guide to the site in the section Design and decor of the kitchen - a guide to the site.