Part of the wall between the working surface of the kitchen table and the upper lockers is called an apron. This zone is most susceptible to contamination, experiences constant humidity and is exposed to mechanical influence during cooking.
Not only beautiful, but also the most convenient for the owners kitchen apron will help not to waste time on long cleaning of the working area of the table, will introduce a special flavor into the interior, will help visually increase the space of a small kitchen.
The working surface can be decorated with various materials: glass aprons, glass-plastic, mosaic lined, use of artificial stone, wood, etc. We will dwell on plastic materials, as on the simplest, cheapest, easy-to-install and very beautiful material for any kitchen decor.
Plastic, which in appearance resembles a transparent or colored glass, the most budgetary kind of finishing the kitchen apron. In the range of products, there are two main subspecies of the material: a monolithic plate and honeycomb polycarbonate. For finishing kitchen surfaces use a monolith.
The material has the following advantages:
- Moisture resistance. This is the main parameter required for the finishing material. Polycarbonate does not lose its properties when it hits steam, it also does not lose color for a long time in the water.
- Shock resistance. The material is almost impossible to break even with a hammer. When deformation, polycarbonate bends, but does not break.
- The polycarbonate surface is easy to clean with non-aggressive surface cleaning agents.
- The monolithic sheet is installed on the adhesive base, using screws of self-tapping screws on a lathing or supporting wall, similar to the installation of keyless MDF panels. The material is easily cut with tool scissors or saw.
- Tiles from polycarbonate are not subject to burning.
- Monolithic tiles are produced in a variety of shades, monophonic and with bright prints. Pictures as a rule are flowers in a certain scale, evening landscapes, nature. there are tiles with futuristic ornaments and motifs of folk art.
Disadvantages of the material:
- The disadvantages are: reaction to saline and acid solutions. If aggressive chemicals fall, the material loses a vivid color, becomes covered with divorce. Do not use abrasives when cleaning.
- Even wiping the kitchen apron from polycarbonate with baking soda, you can scratch the material. It is not recommended to use polycarbonate for finishing the kitchen walls in the area of the gas stove. At a temperature of more than 140 degrees C, the material is deformed.
- Material is provided on the market by a European manufacturer, prices per sheet of 2X1 m are offered within 1100 rubles.
Use of PVC panels
Plastic PVC panels are widely used for finishing all kitchen walls. It is an eco-friendly, safe and durable material, with a large selection of colors and a long service life. For the kitchen apron, panels of standard size, sheets or lining are used.
By type of material panels differ in:
The standard panel. With a width of 250 mm. length of PVC reaches 3 m. When decorating a narrow apron, you can use only one panel. This option is widely used when installing a working wall in small kitchens.
Cladding Plastic panels in the size of 100mmX300mm. they are convenient to use if the apron has additional elements on the wall, for example rosettes, when drawing ornaments, panels.
Sheet profile. It has a matte or glossy surface. On sheet panels, decorative prints are often applied, which makes it possible to decorate the kitchen with different colors.
Benefits of the material:
- Plastic panels are made of polyvinyl chloride by extrusion (extrusion), so The panel has a stiffening rib and is sufficiently resistant to high mechanical stresses.
- Moisture resistance, resistance to aggressive cleaning agents. The panel is easy to clean by any means, using small abrasives (baking soda), there are no scratches or stains on the surface.
- Long service life. PVC does not lose color, brightness, gloss, does not crack and does not become stained. Warranty period up to 5 years.
- Ecological compatibility. When heated, the panel does not emit toxic elements and odor.
- As a finishing material it is the cheapest way to decorate the kitchen for the decor of elite class, at minimal cost.
- Assortment of flowers and prints. PVC are manufactured under the marble, the old masonry, under the stone. Color panels depict nature, fantastic landscapes, futuristic paintings.
- Ease of installation. You can install the kitchen apron on an adhesive basis, using cement glue, on a wooden or plastic crate, and fix it to the wall with screws. When installing panels in the kitchen or in the bathroom, it is recommended not to use a wooden lath. It is better to use a moisture-resistant metal or plastic.
The disadvantages of the material include its exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Therefore, in direct sunlight, the apron may lose the brightness of the paints after a while, and pour out.
Important! If you use solid abrasives (calcined soda, sand) as a cleaning agent, scratches may appear on the surface of the plastic.
Manufacturers of the material: Bplast, Krona Plast, Century offer low prices for their products: from 100 rubles. for a panel measuring 250X2500 mm. When choosing color sheet panels, the prices are relatively low at the optimally high quality of the goods.
Use of plastic lining
PVC lining has standard dimensions from 100 mm width to 2500 mm length. Color of material from white to cream-brown. The range offers panels imitating different types of trees.
Using vgonku, you can implement various design solutions when installing the apron. Make it a tree with built-in lights, or just install monochrome panels in the main color of the kitchen.
Benefits of the material:
- The main advantage of choosing a lining is the low price of the material and the ease in its replacement. Installation is carried out on a plastic crate without first leveling the walls.
- It is easy enough to hold the open wires of the electrical system behind the lining. When installing panels on the glue they will have to be walled into the wall.
To the shortcomings of the material include the possibility of deformation of the apron in the area of the cooker, the material begins to stretch and bend at a temperature of more than 85 degrees.
Important! If the panel is covered with a print on the basis of acetone dyes, it is possible to wash the wall only with non-aggressive detergents.
Using ABC Sheets
The main feature of ABC plastic is the ability to order an individual print. Photos, interesting drawings, any family images can be transferred to the panel and installed on the wall.
ABC sheets are available in various thicknesses, the advantages of the material include:
- High mechanical stability of the material;
- Moisture immaturity;
- High grease-repellent properties;
- Easy installation and maintenance of the installed sheet;
- A variety of monochrome color solutions and printed prints;
- Resistance to aggressive detergents;
- The price of the material varies from 1000 to 5000 rubles per sheet 2X3 m.
As an alternative material for installing kitchen aprons use MDF panels with plastic spraying, wooden materials with a varnish coating.
When installing the kitchen apron should be guided only by personal preferences. You can take into account the advice of designers, but in the kitchen should be comfortable for you, comfortable and liberated.
Therefore, if you like dark colors, and the kitchen is small, you should not pay attention to the fact that dark color always visually reduces the size of the room. Let on an apron there will be an image of an evening city or a decline.
There are several professional tips that you can listen to, but this is not a guide to action, but only the opinion of an individual.
- The material of the apron should be waterproof.
- A smooth, glossy surface will be much easier to wash and clean.
- If the panel has a printed print, its quality must be appropriate. In some cases it is recommended to apply a layer of fiberglass to the plastic panel.
- The height of the apron is medium in size from 45 to 60 cm.
- When arranging the kitchen set, take into account that the distance from the cooker to the hood should exceed 80 cm.
- To save material, the kitchen apron is mounted only a distance from the countertop to the wall cabinet. If the wall is unfurnished to the ceiling, you should decorate the entire surface.
- All edges of the apron after installation must end with the installation of a plinth or metal molding, this will prevent the accumulation of moisture in the joints of panels.
You can buy the necessary material for installing the kitchen apron in both building supermarkets and via the Internet. The choice of material should not be restricted to a single vendor. The variety of prices and products offered can satisfy any client, and with the right choice you can save a lot of money.
Plastic apron in the kitchen (real photo)